Baguette sandwich – Vegan (total cost 54p)
- 3-4 Sundried tomato pieces – 10p
- 3-4 Grilled red & yellow peppers pieces 10p
- Pre-cooked baguette – 12p (pack of 4 mini baguettes cost 45p)
- Avocado – 20p (1 whole avocado 80p, only 1/4 used)
- 2 lettuce gem leaves – 2p (Pack of 2 whole gems cost 37p)
Pre-cook the baguette following the instructions on the packet. Leave it to cool down before making the sandwich.
Rinse the salad leaves flick out the water, set aside. Remove the sundried tomatoes and grilled peppers pieces from the jar/oil.
Peel and cut the avocado.
Now make a cut in to the bread and drizzle the inside with a very small amount of oil from the sundried tomato jar (see the antipastis section here). Then line the base of the bread with the lettuce, then the sundried tomato pieces, then, the avocado. Close the sandwich and then cut in half to allow it to fit easily in the lunch container.
Next Up, the chicken sandwich with brown slices.
See the previous sandwich here.